Friday, October 30, 2009

internships from home!

So here I am sitting in my room on a Friday night thinking about my future. Again. With five weeks left in the semester, the end of my college career is looming over my head like a storm cloud. How will I be able to get a job? I have had zero experience in the fashion world - which is my ideal place to be post graduation. This is Ithaca, NY.The biggest fashion statements here are wearing Birkenstocks in the winter with socks.
To make things worse I am constantly reading posts on fashionista for job and internship opportunities IF you live in the New York area. Yeah, I live in New York, its only a 5+ hour commute.
But every storm cloud has its silver lining. As I was reading comments on a post to get an internship after graduation, someone had typed in a website titled dailyfashionjobs. Now that sounds promising. I click. I see a link for blogging and writing. Perfect. There is an internship opportunity to blog 3-5 times a week for a new fashion website. That sounds cool. WAIT. You can do it from anywhere! Thank you internet! Thank you Al Gore! I'm applying right now...fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment